Maltitol is a member of the polyol family extracted from starch. It is a sweetener very commonly used as a traditional sugar substitute in the production of sweet sugar-free products, since it has a behaviour very similar to sucrose, and in dietary products.
It is served in liquid format, which makes its homogenisation easier.
Advantages of the product
- It has a sweetening power of 75-90% regarding conventional sugar, so it can be used without other sweeteners.
- Its flavour is very similar to sucrose; therefore, it does not affect the flavour of products.
- Product suitable for diabetics.
- Non-cariogenic product.
- Low calorie content compared with conventional sugar, 2.1 kcal/gr compared with 4 kcal/gr of sucrose.
Advantages of the processes
- Reduced preparation time, decreasing manpower costs.
- Energy savings.
- Facilitates raw material traceability, storage and control.
- Increases profitability in product unit use.
- Process loss reduction, because you get a homogeneous product free of impurities.
- Bulk 24 t.
- 1.200 kg Container.
- 7-8 kg Jerry can.
- 14-15 kg Jerry can.