Glucose syrups and glucose-fructose syrups are a solution of nutritive saccharides obtained by hydrolysis of edible starch.
Their use provides many benefits in processes and products, as well as economic benefits.
Advantages in the processes
- Reduced preparation time, decreasing manpower costs.
- Energy savings.
- Facilitates raw material traceability, storage and control.
- Increases profitability in product unit use.
- Process loss reduction, because you get a homogeneous product free of impurities.
Advantages in the products
- Enhances the flavour of the different products.
- Facilitates fermentation in products where yeasts are used, which means saving time and costs.
- Keeps foods fresh for longer, because it helps retain moisture and freshness, in the case of syrups containing reducing sugars.
- Improves the presentation of baked products, given the toasted colour it acquires when it comes into contact with heat.
- Helps preserve foods, due to its stabilising characteristic, which helps maintain quality levels regardless of temperature fluctuations.
The main characteristic of glucose syrup is its versatility and its wide range of uses. Moreover, it has specific benefits for each sector, among which the following stand out: